What Is Therapy?
A collaboration between therapist and client, which can allow you to access inner wisdom, create independence, heal old wounds, achieve life goals, and nourish healthy relationships.
Psychotherapy provides a safe, confidential, and neutral relationship to explore what hurts. Sometimes we need to seek understanding from someone other than a lover, parent, or friend. Therapist and client sit together in a quiet place, being present to any feelings that come up. Distraction and noise from the outside world is put on hold for an hour or a session. This environment invites opening up the parts of ourselves that we keep shut down, secret, or tied up in knots. Tears are likely, but so are laughter and joy. Therapy is not only about pain but also being able to live well with the difficulties that life holds and finding the laughter that lives alongside the pain.
The Therapeutic Process
What can therapy do for you?
- View thoughts and beliefs from a different perspective
- Provide you an opportunity to confront your feelings
- Share the burden of your emotions
- Feel less alone with your problems
- Improve your mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual well being
- Assess your needs
- Provide treatment according to your goals
- Help build self-esteem
- Reduce anxiety
- Strengthen coping mechanisms
- Improve social and community functioning
Providing supportive psychotherapy and counseling that helps clients:
- Work to overcome problematic thoughts and behaviors
- Formulate thoughts that are more realistic
- Live a more fulfilling life
Cost & Fees
Initial Assessment: $155.00
Individual (45 -50 mins): $130.00
Couples/Family (45 – 50 mins): $155.00
Payment is due in full at the time of the session by cash, check, or credit card.
Form of payment: Card, Check, Health Saving Account, Visa and MasterCard
Insurance: Clergy Pay, Cigna, Aetna, Private Pay, Out of network benefits, United Behavioral Health (Optum), Medicaid, Educators Mutual, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Beacon Health Options, Medicare, Molina, Select Health, Tricare West, University of Utah Health Plans